Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chocolate-Stuffed Raspberries



I recently joined the website Pinterest.com after a recommendation from a lovely gal I met at a picnic/birthday/going-away party a couple of weekends ago. I was detailing my recent obsession with redecorating and home improvement after moving in with my boyfriend, and she said this site had some great ideas. It's a cool way to keep a visual record of what you're interested in, whether it's inspirational, practical, gift ideas, fun logos, whatever. I have somehow become sucked into some food-related projects, despite being the opposite of a foodie. I had ramen noodles for lunch yesterday. And I'm not talking about the ethnic, flavorful noodles that are popular with people who like flavor in their foods. I mean the 40 cent packs of Maruchan noodles. ANYWAY. I saw this post on chocolate-stuffed raspberries, and made an executive decision to return to the fruit shop/grocery store whence I had just come. "Sure, maybe I don't ever eat raspberries, and probably will end up eating the chocolate by itself, but... it's EASY! And G will like it!* HGTV and the DIY network are making me feel inadequate!" An hour of washing raspberries, watching Yard Crashers, assembling fruit and arranging chocolate morsels later, I was done. Glorious.


Sidenote: Is it just me, or do raspberries take an inordinately long time to dry? I left them in a strainer near a window on a hot day, and I still ended up having to dry them out with paper towel:


 *He, the boyfriend, did.


**I was originally posting these on Tumblr, which was new to me, but I quickly got fed up with how unintuitive the set-up was, how long it took to upload photos, and what an unnecessary hassle it was to switch to html view. Now I'm back to blogger, and bringing over my first posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment